A delicious Mexican recipe that the whole family can ejoy, these Mexican entomatadas are a delight for any occasion.
- A Hand full of fresh tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in water
- Half of a sliced onion
- 2 a 3 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1 Small can of tomato puree
- Tortillas from Tortillas Superior®
Step 1: Cook the tomatoes in boiling water, once once the peel has come off remove from fire, remove the peel y blend the tomatoes with the same water you used to boil them, add the garlic cloves and the table spoons of cornstarch, depending on how much water you are using you can add more until it becomes creamy in the sauce pan.
Step 2: Saute a little bit of onion with a little bit of olive oil, once it’s done, empty the sauce in the previous step and stir with a spoon. Add some chicken consomme and sugar, continue stirring. Next pour in the small can of tomato puree and leave it boiling.
Step 3: In a frying pan, fry some corn tortillas making sure they don’t fry too much and then remove them from the pan. Dry the excess oil with an absorbent cloth.
Step 4: Once the sauce is boiling you can add more sugar, cornstarch or chicken consomme, depending on the taste your going for.
Step 5: Submerge each fried tortilla in the tomato sauce then remove it, once the tortilla is covered with tomato sauce you can wrap them up with some fresh cheese inside and you put them in an oven casserole. Once you are done placing all the tortilla wraps with cheese in the casserole you can pour the rest of the tomato sauce, some cheese, cream, and a touch of salt and pepper. Serve hot so the cheese inside them is melted. And you’re done!
- If you want you can fill them also with some boneless chicken and more cheese
- You can add more sugar if you want the sauce more sweet or if you want it more salty you can add more chicken consomme
- The cornstarch powder must be diluted in water other wise you will get lumps on your sauce